Hey guys, having problems with back pain or hip pain when sitting in your chair? Today we have brought a new solution for your back pain. Now we are going to introduce you to the best seat cushion which is specially made for back pain and sciatica.
Back pain, maybe, one of the most common problems among us nowadays. But of course, every problem has a solution. To find the solution you need to know about the problem precisely. The main and obvious reason behind back pain is sitting in an uncomfortable posture or sitting somewhere that doesn’t a response to the shape and movement of your body.
In a Hurry? Check Our Top 10 Best Seat Cushion For Back pain
Now, an immediate solution to the problem (if you have to work or sit in a particular place that is under your command; such as home or office) is to change the regular chair and get an ergonomic chair. But, the problem still remains if you have to drive a long way down the road, or maybe you frequently need to travel by air and the cushion of those particular chairs don’t match according to your body, or maybe you don’t want to change the chair because it’s kind of costly!
How to reduce back pain by using seat cushion
Don’t worry; you may have heard of the term that “solutions are made even before the problems are created”. If you’re facing the above-mentioned circumstances then the best solution for you is to get yourself one the best seat cushion for sciatica and back pain from the market and use it with your regular office chair or car seat or take them where ever you go!
And in addition with that, you’ll be amazed knowing that this little thing will also help you get rid of other bigger issues relating to the joint pains of our body such as sciatica, hip pain, lower and upper back pain etc. You can also use all of these cushions in your car seats, office chairs, and bus seats and pretty much where ever you want.
Top 10 Best Seat Cushion Reviews for Sciatica
Now, obviously you’re not a person without a brain and you should not buy something without knowing why exactly should you buy it for, right? As of following the principle of causality, everything that has a beginning has a reason behind its beginning. For example, there was a proper cause of your back pain. Let’s just say you didn’t sit with a correct body posture while working for a long period of time and without knowing its side effects you continued that for a long time that caused your back pain, right? That’s the problem we just discussed but as mentioned earlier there’s a solution too. These products are the solution. If not for buying now, for the near future’s usage let’s just see the common benefits you’re going to get from the best seat cushions:
Now it’s time to move on to our top 10 list of the best seat cushions. Read each of its qualities, pros, and cons carefully and select your favorite one from them.
1. Comfilife Coccyx Orthopedic Seat Cushion
The very first seat cushion we have got on the list is brought to you by “ComfiLife”. They have been making this cushion for years now. And the customers have also been seen totally satisfied mainly because this cushion is designed ergonomically. It provides support and comfort and at the same time it reduces the unilateral pressure from the tailbone and distributes the weight of the body evenly. The material used in making this wonderful product is high-density memory foam that makes it even more comfortable.
- The main material used is the memory foam.
- This cushion has been designed ergonomically.
- It has a wonderful removable and non-slip rubber bottom cover that you can easily wash.
- The best thing about this product I found is it has a handle attached to easier transportability
- This cushion is a bit smaller in size. (But it should work properly for an average-sized person.)
- Cushion might appear a bit bulkier.
- This cushion might not work for the people over 6’ because of its size.
2. Cushina Premium Memory Foam Seat Cushion
The next cushion here is Cushina premium memory foam. This cushion is also designed for lower back and sciatica-related pain. It has not designed fully in an ergonomic way. But it has a unique ‘U’ shaped cutaway design that promises to get you rid of your sciatica problems by spreading the weight of your body evenly. The cover of this cushion is gel-based and that ensures that the cushion doesn’t slip from the chair or anywhere as far as its position is concerned.
- Memory Foam has been used as the raw material.
- It has a unique ‘U’ shaped ergonomic cutaway specially designed for sciatica problems.
- The cover is soft, breathable and zipped and removable so you can wash it properly.
- Its front design is curve that distributes the body weight evenly.
- This cushion is even a bit smaller than the previous one.
- It doesn’t have any handle attached for easy transport.
3. Aylio Coccyx Seat Cushion
The next seat cushion we have got for you is called Aylio coccyx seat cushion. I personally call this a romantic cushion because this cushion is brought to you by a romantic couple. They have been running this company for years now. Max and Larisa are working on health products for a lot of years. Larisa, Max’s wife, is a certified occupational therapist and she’s been working on the development of this cushion. Now let’s jump into the pros and cons of our romantic cushion:
- Cut out design- This design is actually made to take the pressure off your spine and spread it around the cushion. Releasing extra pressure ensures that you don’t have to suffer from back pain on a regular basis.
- The contoured surface of this cushion provides optimum support for your buttocks, hips, and thighs.
- This ergonomically designed cushion makes sure to distribute your body-weight evenly so that the chances of your pain get reduced.
- This cushion is slightly bigger in size than the previous two cushions, so obviously it’s better for the plus-sized persons.
- This premium looking cushion is covered with a hygienic velvet cover and zipped which means you can wash it comfortably.
- This cushion is specially designed for sciatica and lower back pain.
- It doesn’t have that built-in handle for easy carrying.
- From the perspective of some customers, it’s kind of ineffective for the over weighted persons.
Read: HERMAN MILLER CHAIR
4. Xtreme Comforts
The very next cushion is from the Xtreme Comforts. Kerren is a well-appreciated owner of this company whom we can also refer to an unsatisfied customer of these products. And her unsatisfactory to those products can be seen on her made products. The cushion I’m about to introduce to you guys with is really a cushion having everything you can ask for. Now, without any more further ado, let’s jump on looking into the features this cushion comes with-
- Memory Foam has been used as the primary material of the cushion so that the surface of the cushion doesn’t become too hard to sit onto. It helps a lot with the normal circulation of the blood in our body.
- It has an ergonomically designed U shaped cutaway that decreases the over pressure made on your tailbone and spreads the weight of the body evenly.
- Gives you a perfect posture necessary for your body. It lowers the chances of lower back pain and hip pains etc down.
- There is a non-skid anti-slip bottom that keeps the cushion in one place. And you can use this cushion without any irritation.
- There’s a built-in handle to carry the cushion anywhere you go easily. And you also get a protective carry bag with it for absolutely free.
- The ultra-deluxe foam makes sure that the cushion doesn’t flatten away easily.
- And the size of the cushion is also moderate.
So far, I don’t find any cons regarding this product. It has everything anyone can ask for in a seat cushion. So yeah, this product deserves a try.
5. Pillow Perfect
The next cushion on this list is from pillow perfect. Pillow perfect is a company that basically produces decoratively designed pillows and cushions for both indoor and outdoor. And they have been doing this for over 25 years now. So, without further ado let’s see what this got-
- This cushion is made of 100% polyester.
- It comes with 2 outdoor wicker seat cushions that don’t get faded in the sunlight
- This cushion is bigger in size in comparison to the other cushions you have seen so far.
- This cushion is sewn closed.
- It comes in various colors and designs to chose from.
- It’s a hand-crafted product.
- This cushion is not made up of the memory foam.
- This cushion is not designed ergonomically.
- Doesn’t have the handle or any cover.
This cushion is basically designed for the ones who like hand-crafted things. If you are someone who likes artistic things and colorful things, yes this might be a good choice for you. But if you are looking for a cushion that will help you get rid of pain like issues than this is not your product I suggest.
Read Also: Console Gaming Chair Reviews
6. Cylen Home
The next cushion is from the Cylen products. This cushion appears kind of cute to me because of its color and design. But cuteness is apparently not all that we want from a seat cushion. We want the seat cushion to be supportive towards our body. So let’s see what features this cute seat cushion is going to support us-
- Of course, this cushion is designed with the ergonomic U shaped cutaway. And by now I’m pretty sure you already know what it does.
- Memory Foam has been used inside the cushion as the base of comfort. And this obviously makes the cushion softer to feel.
- The cover of the cushion is breathable and this also has been made by using bamboo charcoal infusion technique. This technique helps to reduce the possibility of this cushion getting hot to easily and keeping it comfortable.
- Has a removable cover for easier cleaning.
- There’s a special temperature-sensitive tech that actually is used for the foam. It’s going to be a little bit hard in cold temperature. But not to worry, it’s going to be normal again after sitting for 5 minutes on it.
- The removable cover is modified for the ventilation and it’s also promised to be not slippery.
- It has a small built-in handle for easier transportation’s.
- Comes in two different colors to choose from.
- This cushion is a bit smaller.
- Might not be a good option for the bigger persons.
- It doesn’t have any protection bag.
7. Comfilife Gel Enhanced Cushion
We have another cushion brought to you by Comfilife. The main difference between this one and the previous one is, this cushion is a gel enhanced cushion. The primary material is Gel enhanced memory foam that makes it even more comfortable to sit on. Now let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this cushion right away-
- The material used inside is the gel-enhanced memory foam that makes the cushion really comfortable.
- The bottom of this cushion is made by non-slippery rubber that keeps the cushion in one place.
- The contoured curved design keeps your legs comfortable when you sit for a longer period of time.
- It is designed with the ergonomic U shaped cutaway that distributes the body weight accurately.
- Comes with a beautiful removable and washable zipped cover.
- Like the previous cushion, this one too has the attached handle for easier transportation.
- Slightly smaller in size.
Read More: Best back support for office chair
8. Ever Lasting Comfort
The next cushion on our list comes from the Ever Lasting Comfort Company. This is a company that only produces these couple of health products like seat cushions and neck pillows. And in the amazon.com their products, especially this seat cushion has been really appreciated as a useful health product. So let’s get on scrutinizing this cushion’s features
- Premium memory foam has been used as the primary material.
- The cushion is made to be responsive to heat. That means it adjusts its own temperature adjusting with the person who is sitting on it. Well, basically this cushion doesn’t get too hot while being used for a longer time.
- It has been designed by giving it the ergonomic U shaped cutaway. And this is recommended by the orthopedic doctors for back pain issues.
- The design actually makes it able to release the pressure of the body stuck onto the tailbone. And it spreads the weight of the body evenly through the cushion. And this process makes the body be more comfortable.
- The cover is, of course, a non-slip cover and also it’s removable for easier washings.
- Sadly they don’t offer any protection bag for the cushion.
- Doesn’t have the attached handle for easier carrying.
9. ComfyWise Coccyx Orthopedic Seat Cushion
Now, the second last seat cushion in this list comes from the ComfyWise productions. They too make their products into being a health-supporting product. And yes, this cushion is also another one that customers admire. Let’s get into seeing the offered features of this seat cushion-
- As of being recommended as the health efficient seat cushion this cushion, too, has been made using the 100% memory foam. And you know what the memory foam does. (wink)
- Has the ergonomic U shaped cutaway that helps the body pressure to be distributed properly all along the cushion.
- Has a removable zipped cover so that it can be washed easily when it gets dirty.
- It does offer a black nylon drawstring bag to carry this cushion wherever you go.
- This one has an attached handle for easy carrying purpose.
- The upper cover is an anti-slip cover that makes the cushion to stay where it has been put.
- This cushion is slightly a bit smaller in size. But still big enough to handle average sized persons quite easily.
10. Zacro Gel Bike Seat With Cushion
Now, apart from sitting on the home chairs or office chairs or car seat we also have to sit on our cycles. And these days some cycles have everything perfect but the seat on it. Sometimes the seats are so shrinking that it looks half the size of our buttocks. And you just can’t sit on it without an extra seat on it. So here’s the last seat cushion, more precisely a bike seat that will help you not to feel any pain in your buttocks while riding your bike. So let’s get onto seeing its features-
- This seat is made using the best gel so that you can enjoy your ride without suffering any pain in your free times.
- It’s really easy to install on your bike seat.
- Perfectly fits any regular cycle seat.
- You also get water and dust resistance cover along with this seat.
- Only one, you can’t use it anywhere but on a cycle seat.
If this isn’t the one you are looking for, perhaps these most comfortable bike seats will make your day.
No no, my friend. This article isn’t finished yet. We have some more topics to discuss. You might want to know these too. Why would you want to buy a seat cushion? Suppose, you’re not buying any seat cushion now, but still it’s our responsibility to let you know about the usefulness of these cushions. Maybe this can help you in future too.
Where you can precisely use these seat cushions:
Seat Cushion for Office Chairs:
If you’re an office working person then it’s quite obvious that you have to work in your office for approximately 8-10 hours a day. And it’s very predictable that 70% of the times you work sitting on your chair especially if you’re a banker or programmer or in any IT related jobs. Have you ever felt any pain in your upper or lower back? If yes then don’t bother getting one of these cushions for supporting your hips and tailbone. If your office chair is not designed ergonomically and you cannot change that immediately then using the seat cushion for the office chair is the best and immediate solution for the pain or potential pain.
Seat Cushion for home Chairs:
Are you fond of reading books? Do you have a small library of your own where you love to sit and read? Then you should be careful about the chair you have been sitting on. Ask yourself, is it comfortable? If not then don’t get used to the chair. Either you have to change the chair to an ergonomic chair which is practically a bit expensive or you have to use seat cushions for home chairs for backing you up against the pain. Happy Reading.
Seat Cushion for car seats:
Sometimes our body doesn’t adjust with the car seats. Especially when you need to go for a long drive or if you have a regular schedule to drive for a long time a day then you should be careful. Because driving for a long time may also end up causing back pain or sciatica. You can have one of these on your car always and feel needless to worry.
Benefits of Using a good Seat Cushion:
It’s very important to keep the body in a good posture while working. Sometimes the chair we use might not give us the accurate posture that our body requires. Our neck and back get highly threatened if the posture isn’t accurate. A quality memory foam seat cushion can give your body the correct posture.
Better Blood Circulation:
When some particular muscles of our body get jammed due to the bad posture of the body then the blood circulation of our body gets alarmingly hampered. That can be dangerous for us. These seat cushions actually distribute the weight of our body equally as demanded and that keeps us from having any blood circulation problem.
Obviously, when your body’s posture is accurate and the blood circulation is also normal and the weight of the body is well distributed the only feeling you’re going to get is a comfort.
Now there are thousands of seat cushions from hundreds of brands in the market both online and offline. Wouldn’t it get you confused about choosing a seat cushion for hip pain or back pain?
Don’t worry, after doing a thorough analysis about the customer’s personal satisfactory level on their user experience about the seat cushions we are going to tell you about 10 best seat cushions you can order from the market.
But before jumping straightly onto the seat cushions you need some more information to make sure you’re buying the best one. And for that matter, you need to know some certain points that have to be present on the seat cushion you’re deciding to buy.
Factors while choosing the seat cushion:
- The best seat cushion you’re going to choose has to be comfortable. By comfortable, I don’t mean too soft or fluffy. Too much soft material sometimes cannot distribute the body weight evenly.
- You’re not going to like to buy a seat cushion every month, are you? So it has to be durable and last longing.
- It cannot be too much heavy.
- The best seat cushion has to be supportive towards your body
- It has to be made of a quality material such as memory foam.
- It has to be easily portable. So that you can use it anywhere you want.
Different Usage of Seat Cushion
These are the common places where these seat cushions have their usefulness. Now let’s find out what is the medical terms related beneficial usefulness you can get out of these seat cushions.
1) Seat Cushion for Sciatica:
The term ‘Sciatica’ refers to the pain on the leg, numbness on the buttocks and tingling. This pain basically originates from the lower back pain. You don’t want yourself to be attacked by sciatica. And for that, you have to be careful if you have to sit for a longer period of time on regular basis. Because sitting with a bad posture of the body on regular basis can most possibly cause sciatica. If you feel your chair isn’t giving you enough comfort or if you feel pain on your tailbone while sitting then we as well as any other Occupational Therapist would suggest you use a seat cushion along with your chair.
2) Seat Cushion for Hip pain:
Hip pain is a kind of pain that almost all of have suffered at some points in our lives. This also is caused by the bad sitting posture of the body. Using these cushions can get you to more safety.
3) Use Seat Cushion while Meditating:
Meditation is one of the best ways to calm our mind and to enhance our concentration towards something. But meditating on the flat floor can really be dangerous for your tailbone, especially, if you are a skinny person. The use of a seat cushion while meditating can actually enhance your concentration towards meditation keeping you from suffering tailbone pain.
It is really very important for the pregnant women to take intensive care of themselves because even a slight harm to her body can affect the unborn child. So even if a pregnant woman isn’t suffering from lower back pain or sciatica, she should use a seat cushion while sitting. The more comfortable she will feel the safer the unborn child will be in her womb.
A healthy and pain-free life is a common thing we all want. But as the world keeps on going, the competition of humans also increases. But still, in this temporary competitive world, we need to take good care of ourselves. God may save all of us from any dangerous diseases. But still having pain all-round the body or just in one part of the body is enough to ruin the daily happy life. So we should do a little exercise every day and meditate to keep our brains calm. And if we work on the places that stick us with a chair for a long time then we should be careful about the posture our body is having while we are sitting. Because the more you keep your body comfortable the more comfortable and calm you are going to feel. Happy working.