No wonder a kid might be a tiny mess to handle, but his surroundings and necessities would be bigger than anything.
For instance, let’s take your space!
And for all the working moms who have the baggage of duties but still need to take care of her child, it becomes real hard to manage everything steadily.
Here, the only thing that can be of great assistance is a high chair!
But what if you have a compact dining hall and the chair doesn’t fit there so that your baby cant stroll around independently?
In that state, you need the best high chairs for small spaces right?
So today, we have shortlisted 6 best high chair reviews to help all the struggling mothers and minimizing their stress a little!
Check em out!
In a Hurry? Check Our Top 10 Best High Chairs For Small Spaces
How Do high chairs for small spaces Work
The best way to utilize something at its best is to acknowledge the way it works!
Only then you can bring out the most of it.
So here we have the best high chairs for small spaces which work through saving up space.
Unlike a traditional high chair, these chairs are strategically designed to be easily collapsible, compact, and portable, which makes it utterly convenient for small spaces!
Also, some of the compact high chairs bear a 3-5 adjustable harness that keeps your baby stable on the seat!
What To Look For In A High Chairs for Small Spaces
When you are shopping for a space-saving high chair for your baby, you are bound to encounter some confusion such as what to look for, what’s your core goal to get it, does the money worth it, and is it durable or not!
These subconscious conflicts don’t end, right?
But we have lined up 4 crucial considerations that you must drill into your head.
Check them out!
The Way You Live:
Sounds fancy, but the first thing you need to consider is your lifestyle! Because hey!
If you are a single mother who keeps busy all day long and has to drop your kid to the baby sitters, then you need to get a high chair that fits in at the baby sitter’s house promptly!
On the flip hand, if you keep traveling and camping frequently, then you gotta choose a lightweight and easily transportable high chair.
And, if you have a mischievous baby who creates a lot of mess, then you need to gaze upon the trays and exterior mostly that whether they are washable or not!
Your baby’s high chair should be easily collapsible.
Meaning, it needs to fold up quickly as well as fold down. In this regard, try sticking with the dual-lock formulated chairs that lock easily on the surface.
Your baby might be very skinny or cuddly. No matter what is, he needs to fit in the chair perfectly without falling down or causing any damage. Thus make sure your chair can bear maximum weight.
By all accounts, the high chair needs to be ergonomic so that you can invest in it without any doubt and stays longer and firmer along with your every journey.
Also, the seat material should be dragged upon consideration.
Because a good quality material will remain gentle on your baby’s skin and also sturdy enough to rely on it.
The difference between these chairs and the other chairs is that it is a special type of chair used only for the little ones in your house who cannot or don’t will to sit in the regular chairs with the family at breakfast lunch or dinner.
If you want to spend a little more time and explore more I will suggest you to please read this article.
6 Best High Chairs For Small Spaces Reviewed
Before starting the reviews, we would like to articulate that each of the products is handpicked with utter considerations and researches in terms of price value, quality, easy storage, portability, and some more!
Let’s get into it then!
1. ciao! Baby Portable High Chair for Travel, Fold Up High Chair with Tray, Black
well, this is one of the finest high chairs you are gonna find in the market. Because basically, in a high chair, the more harness you get, the more ideal it becomes.
Here it has a five-point safety harness that shelters your little bundle of joy with the utmost protection. Moreover, the lightweight and compact design ensures easy transport and saves up space significantly.
You can take it along with you as this chair offers easy assembly and requires only a few seconds to fold back.
When you intend to set it up, you will barely feel any hustle as it locks into place in a jiffy!
Stable! Easy access and effortless adjustments! That’s how it rolls!
Coming back to the specifications, Ciao’s high chairs have extremely sturdy construction.
If your kid is one of these dynamic kids, who creates a lot of mess like food spills or has that tendency to vomit more often, then don’t worry!
Ciao got this covered for you. It’s structured with a durable nylon compound, and the tray is covered with transparent vinyl that allows easy cleaning.
So what else do you want?
Just name it!
- Compact (23 x 23 x 32 inches) design that fits into small spaces
- weighs only 7 pounds to ensure easy transport and storage
- comes with a wide range of color variety
- dual lock mode for optimal stability
- cup holder for storing your baby’s routine drink
- easy to unfold and fold back
- A gentle, secure belt to save your baby from falling down
Some customers reported that chubby babies don’t fit well in the seat
Read More: Best Seat Cushion For Back Pain
2. Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair With Tray
The reason why we stuck upon this? Honestly, that’s the most classic yet versatile one!
Abiie definitely had crafted these chairs with a well-planned maneuver so that they can fit into small spaces.
Well, this one response to your child’s growth accordingly. Meaning, whether your baby is a toddler or a 7-year-old, they can cradle gently within just 20 seconds through an easy transformation system!
It has a dual-restrain formula which can accommodate 5-point harness or a 3-point harness and keep your baby safe and secure as a vault.
The construction of this chair is quite different than the previous one. Have you ever heard of organic and mahogany wood?
They are fortified with wooden frames along with comfortable cushioned seats weighing only 17 pounds.
And as the cushions are stain-resistant, you can easily clean-up all the dirt and grime smoothly.
- The magnanimous beech wooden frame construction
- Convenient for toddlers are grown-ups with standard height
- Sleek and compact (34 x 3 x 16 inches) design
- Easy to assemble (no tools required)
- Folds up easily and fold down as well
- Stain-resistant seat cushions for remaining as new as it was
- Dishwasher safe trays for storing your kid’s food and toys
- Settles down in your desired adjustment within less than 20 secs
- Available multiple colored cushions
- The chair may need regular cleaning
- Could be better as the price is pretty high
Also Read: Best Living Room Chair For Back Pain
3. Inglesina Fast Table Chair – Award-Winning Convenient Baby High Chair
Now, we have Inglesina’s fast table chair. But we call it Fast because it mounts your requirements in a jiffy!
Fast fits in literally with any dining, camping, or restaurant tables. So, its high time you leave for a quest without your baby. Because from now on, your beloved ones will stick around your wherever you are ahead of!
It’s fairly stable, and the twist-tight coupling is smooth and secure to keep your baby seated comfortably.
Besides, this weighs only 4.2 pounds, yet it can hold up to 37 pounds. Being supremely lightweight and portable, it becomes mommy’s favorite.
Furthermore, the fast table chair allows regular washing. The exterior is entirely washable so that you can wipe away all the spills and mess.
- Easily collapsible
- Additional accessories such as trays, storage pockets etc. for keeping your child’s valuable on access
- Comes with a wide range of color variety
- Brew-up easily with all sort of tables so that your baby can join the meal
- Compatible with restaurant tables and leaves no scratch when you detach it
- Sturdy carry bag for easy transport and storage
- One of the customers commented that the food falls through the gap
- Can be a little tedious to clean
4. Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Sit Portable Highchair
Well, we call it the “nomad’s chair.” Because you can take it literally anywhere you want. Lightweight, sleeky, compact, and sturdy construction, these are the feats here!
Along with 3 points safety harness, it has a carrying case, a plastic tray, storage pocket, and non-slide rubber grips for your baby’s convenience.
Though all of the products here are easily collapsible, folds up and down within seconds, and remains stable on the surface, this chair trumps over all of them in this regard!
Because it’s ultra-light (5 pounds), and the quick pop-up design is beyond ergonomic. Hence this isn’t only comprehensive for your house with less storage but also for outdoor activities like commutes and camping!
Henceforth you can consider it as one of the best space saver high chairs out there!
- Easy transport and storage
- Settle down quickly on the surface
- Tray and storage bag allows you to store wipes, snacks and more
- A reliable carry case for traveling purpose
- The food tray is relatively smaller than the ordinary ones
- The fabric quality could be better
5. JOOVY Nook High Chair, Charcoal
It has deluxe padded seats that make the high chair tremendously comfortable to recline, and that’s also machine washable!
Not only it saves up space but also accommodates both indoor and outdoor sitting.
The built-in, swipe open tray and 5 adjustable depths of safety harness make it a perfect pick for your baby.
Moreover, this chair is supremely compact fold, and portable. It can weigh up to 50 lbs easily without wearing-out.
Probably, it’s one of the best compact high chair trending over the internet.
- Deluxe padded seat that allows machine wash
- Swipe open trays that store your baby’s food and toys
- Folds effortlessly
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Stores easily in compact spaces
- Some customers have faced problems while cleaning
Read More: Best Chair Pads for Hardwood Floors
6. Fisher-Price Discover ‘n Grow Busy Baby Booster
You’ve already come across a high chair that grows with your baby.
Similarly, Fisher-price provides an adjustable height setting, which allows you to use it no matter your baby is a toddler or have grown up!
Now the biggest fear of mothers is when they do all the household chores and remain busy while their babies are nowhere making a mess and prone to fall down from the chair.
In this case, this chair offers you extra adjustable straps that hold your baby tight and firm. Hence your baby remains safe and secure.
Moreover, it comes with a removable toy tray along with a spinning bee, clacker beads, Froggie slider, and bobble elephant so that your baby can always recreate himself and mount proper nourishment as well.
Gladly, you can remove the tray to make it a subtle and basic high chair.
Being easily collapsible, it buckles in easily within a few seconds.
Lastly, about the construction, we really do preach for it! A sturdy construction along with washable exterior and trays make it utterly convenient.
And, how can we not mention its ultra-compact size (16.2 x 17 x 13 inches) and lightweight(1 pound), which is ideal for small living rooms and lounges?
- No-skid Feet
- 3-position tummy adjustment
- The tray can be washed in your dishwasher
- Converts into toddler booster effortlessly
- Easy to assemble
- Fits in short space
- Adjustment shoulder straps allow you to accommodate around dining tables.
- Lack of 5-point harness which is a must feat
- The lap restraint isn’t any of your significant use
- The exterior is made of plastic which remains quite harsh on your baby’s fragile bones
How To Use A High Chair for Small Spaces
Using a high chair for small spaces is really easy. Usually, it comes with an instruction manual that clearly tells you how to use it, take care of it, and set it up. But if you find the manual ambiguous or unclear, then follow these steps:
- Find the lock button (if has) and press it to fold up. Otherwise, it will automatically pop up when you try to open it.
- After you have the chair settled on the ground look for the adjustable harness and tied them around your baby
- Use the tray when convenience and make sure you clean the mess and the seat cover after persistent use.
Here are some frequently asked questions for narrowing down your further inquiries!
Can I use high chairs for toddlers?
Ans. Yes, you can. They can’t walk by themselves, but they wiggle a lot, and for this, you have an adjustable harness to keep them stable and secure.
Can I sit up my 7 months old baby on the high chair?
Ans. Yes, you can, but as every baby is different, you gotta make sure that your baby has relatively fragile bones or not.
And also the habits that he frequently moves and tosses up his hand. Keeping all of these on your mind, you can decide the rest.
Is it necessary for the straps to buckle them around your baby?
Ans. Yes, of course. Otherwise, they might end up falling down.
whats the standard age for babies to use high chairs?
Ans. 4-6 months
What features are mandatory to have in a high chair for a small space?
Ans. Compact size and easy to move around.
Do all the high chairs come with trays and storage pockets?
Ans. Generally, they do. But in traditional chairs, you won’t find any. In fact, some top sellers also don’t provide storage pockets.
Can I carry the high chairs to the restaurants?
Ans. Yes, if they can fit into the chairs.
What’s the best seat material for high chairs?
Ans. Honestly, a thick padded cushion seat with good quality will be gracefully convenient.
Determine your baby’s age, height, habits, and physical condition mindfully before making a purchase!
Maybe, your baby isn’t still ready for these chairs or needs something more. In either case, you are the one to narrow things down!
However, having some downsides and nugget-full of benefits, I hope these 6 best high chairs for small spaces won’t disappoint you.